Surprising in that I haven't seen many places pick this up. If you follow SPL or the Old Rivalry between Rangers and Celtic, you may no longer get your fix. Rangers has been struggling to meet revenue, it is the SPL after all, and finally the lack of income caught up with them. More specifically, Her Majesty's Revenue caught up with them as they now owe about £21 million.
Rangers have been looking for a way to avoid punishment and even sought out new investors, but this may be all for naught as owner Charles Green may try to at least buy Rangers assets (estimated around £5.5 million) but that won't guarantee that his new company which would own Ibrox, would be able to play in the SPL.
On top of that, the rest of the clubs have to vote to let Rangers stay, and even if they do stay, they won't be allowed to play in European tourneys for 3 years. That's pretty much a death knell for a SPL club trying to make money.
Expect to see USMNT players Maurice Edu, Alejandro Bedoya and Carlos Bocanegra all to be hitting the pavement to look for new clubs in the offseason.
TSI Blog Archive
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (107)
06/10 - 06/17
- Euro 2012: France v Ukraine Highlights
- Euro 2012: England v Sweden Highlights
- Euro 2012: Ireland v Spain Highlights
- Euro 2012: Croatia v Italy Highlights
- No More Wheelin' Dealin' from Spurs
- Euro 2012: Germany v Netherlands Highlights
- Euro 2012: Denmark v Portugal Highlights
- Rangers FC to be Liquidated
- CONCACAF WC Qualifying: Guatemala v USMNT Highligh...
- Euro 2012: Poland v Russia Highlights
- Euro 2012: Czech Republic v Greece Highlights
- Euro 2012: England v France Highlights
- Euro 2012: Sweden v Ukraine Highlights
- Euro 2012: Croatia v Ireland Highlights
- Euro 2012: Italy v Spain Highlights
- ▼ 06/10 - 06/17 (15)
- ► 2011 (426)
- ► 2010 (482)